Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lupron shot 1 tonight, 4/14/09

Tonight at 8pm Ed gave me the first of many Lupron shots. If Ed was nervous, he hid it so well. I was more nervous than I expected to be on the inaugural night of becoming a human pin cushion. Here's our process:

We wipe down the kitchen counter with anti-back kitchen spray then wipe the area with a Clorox wipe
We are using a serving tray to house the Sharps container (where the used needles go), alcohol wipes, and a plastic container that temporary holds waste. The tray is put ontop of the clean counter.
Ed pulls the meds out of the fridge & wipes the top of the vial with an alcohol wipe
I pull an ice pack and start numbing the back of my thigh
Ed fills the syringe to appropriate level - tonight was 10 u on an insulin syringe
We go to the couch, I remove the ice pack, Ed swabs the area, wait for it to dry (else it'll sting), I pinch the area, & Ed stabs me like a pro
I apply pressure for a mintute then the ice pack for a few minutes
I get up and get my m&m's reward - thanks to Kathy for the supply!

1 Lupron shot down, 20 to go.

Now I'm heading up for meditation then to bed. Good night.

Cel.

No comments: