Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tugs, pulls, and general ickiness

Not much to report since the transfer a week ago tomorrow other than tugs, pulls, and general ickiness...

Tugs, pulls, and cramps are very common after embryo transfer. They started on day 1 (Tuesday) and have continued through day 5 (Saturday). Now they feel more side cramps but in my uterine area.

Additionally, I'm also getting nauseous here and there starting on day 3 (Wednesday). Today, I don't feel as queasy as much as I feel like there may be a short jump from feeling icky and actually puking.

The one thing I remember while waiting the 2 weeks to beta test in 2009 is feeling uber emotional. I remember sitting at my niece's 1st holy communion mass and crying. When Ed asked what was wrong/was I ok, all I could respond with is "The girls (my nieces) are growing up too fast". This go round, I've only been emotional once when watching Molly's first year video. The theme was basically the same "She's growing too fast!".

All in all, I hope these are good signs for a positive beta that will be here before we know it.

It's challenging during some parts of the day keeping up hope and staying positive. I am fortunate that my niece, Regina, recommended a Yoga Kriya called Kirtan Kriya in which sound vibrations (chants/calls) are used to represent birth, life, death/completion, and rebirth. These phases to me represent the cycle of letting go of the fear and nervousness to help bring me back to center and positiveness. I've been practicing on memorizing the sounds this weekend with today starting my first day. The practice should take about 30 minutes however I fell asleep after about 15 minutes during the silent phase of the chant. I took advantage of the calmness and took a 2 hour nap. Thanks Boo and Kirtan Kriya!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Celia and Ed,
We are keeping you in our prayers and many positive thoughts are coming to you from Montana. Your Dad was VERY special to us. And... you were VERY special to my mother (Palmira) and to us.

Much love,

María Vázquez- Spitler and Rod Spitler